Tuesday 18 December 2012

Blood-letting and excavations - 1

My food diary is printed, my note-book charged, poo and pee collected, and I'm almost ready to go, but first of all I want know which stupid man designed the pee-catcher?

I'm usually pretty bright in the mornings but when the alarm went off at 06:00 and I staggered to bathroom it wasn't until I was mid-flow that remembered that I had to take a sample. Clamp on the pelvic floor muscles and reach behind me for the apparatus. Rip it open and try to read the instructions without my glasses on, but manage to work out that the yellow half-pear shaped bit with the tiny hole plugs into the vial, once the top of the vial is off. Once assembled the whole thing measures about 20 cm and I have to get that beneath me (do stop reading now if this is too much information!) and into the toilet bowl, angled so it would catch the pee.

To cut a long yarn short, I am very glad that my bathroom is very small and the hand-wash basin can be reached whilst sitting on the loo!

I reckon it should take me about 30 minutes to walk up to hospital so I'd better get going. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment