Tuesday 18 December 2012

Blood-letting and excavations - 4

OK - the excavations have been done - painlessly, apart from the little scratch when the local anasthetic went in.

The adipose fat collection was fine and it's a small incision on my tummy but apparently I have fat that is 4cm deep (personally I think that's nonsense - surely he means 4mm!) on my thigh so to get the muscle tissue he had to go quite deep to get through the fascia (spelling?) which coats the muscle. Both incisions are covered with dressings and I have on a compression stocking, and spare dressings to take home with me. I'm also carrying home an empty petrol can, 4 ice packs and a conveniently shaped jug!

When they said I would be out of here by 14:30 I thought I could have gone to work - but there's no way I'm taking the petrol can with me to the office.

I've had something to eat and I'm on my way home now. Catch up with more news tomorrow when I'm back for more tests and measurements but no excavations until Thursday!

BTW - they need more volunteers!

No comments:

Post a Comment